Returning Home

Hello everyone,

It's been nearly a month since I returned to the States after spending four months in Greece. All flights went smoothly and luckily no luggage was lost. Surprisingly, I didn't get jet lag either. :)

I've heard that many students who study abroad have a few problems adjusting to American life/culture after being away for a few months. I think it can be difficult for people mostly because of the time given to that person to readjust. Let me explain: If I had studied in the fall semester that would have only given me a month to completely return to American culture and return to OWU to start classes once again but I studied in the spring semester so I have three months to readjust and wait to return to school. I think time is the greatest factor for readjusting.

Personally, I didn't really have problems re-assimilating to American life. At first, I wanted to say things in Greek and I was thinking in Metric but other than that, I didn't have any problems. (The hardest part for me is knowing that I have so much time until I have return to school. I can't wait to go back to OWU!)

If you've studied abroad or if you've spent an extended time in a foreign country and you have any advice for students returning from studying abroad, feel free to share them below please!

So, this is Erika (and Maerwynn) signing off. Have a wonderful and fantastic summer, everyone!

3 comments:

Amadea W. said...

YAY

Amadea W. said...

YAY

Unknown said...

try this site Wonderful work! This is the type of information that should be shared around the web. try this website Shame on Google for not positioning this post higher! Come on over and visit my website . try this web-site Thanks =) use this link